1. In China, it is a serious crime to __________ancient paintings out of the country.
A. struggle B. smuggle C. sublet D. withdraw
2. The rich man was asked to pay a high _________ for his daughter who was taken away by criminals.
A. margin B. prestige C. ransom D. purchase
3. According to the International Law, the United Nations would impose economic _________against an invading country.
A. commissions B. promotions C. sentences D. sanctions
4. To ______ something will enable you to buy property without having the funds to pay for it at present.
A. donate B. guarantee C. mortgage D. finance
5. Our university is unable to tuition fees to students who fail to complete the course.
A. rescue B. recover C. refund D. Refresh
How should one invest a sum of money in these clays of inflation (通货膨胀)? Left in a bank it will hardly keep its value, however high the interest rate is. Only a brave man, or a very rich one, dares to buy and sell on the Stock Market. Today it seems that one of the best ways to protect your savings, and even increase your wealth is to buy beautiful objects from the past. Here I am going to offer some advice on collecting antique clocks, which I personally consider are among the most interesting of antiques.
I sometimes wonder what a being from another planet might report back about our way of life. "The planet Earth is ruled by a mysterious creature that sits